I may have high hope but this is what I hope to return to after deployment. I hope that:
- we have no more doctor love stories. We had Rose. We had Martha pine after him. We had River marry him. This is why Donna was my favorite a lot
of the time.
- we have inhuman companions. Vastra and Strax are among my favorite short time companions. I know it’s more expensive but Doctor Who has enough popularity to warrant that kind of budget.
- we don’t have season-long plots. I enjoy then but I just want to have an adventure and not this lingering feeling that I have up okay attention to all the tiniest details.
- there are more historical adventures. We haven’t done everything and there are potentially awesome adventures to be had out of it. Like Roanoke Colony for example. That one sticks out to me.
- another “classic” monster episode. I’m thinking the Frankenstein’s monster. Though I’m sure this may already have been done. But that’s the general idea.
- more Unit without them being more or less useless and/or dicks. They’ve fought monsters alongside the Doctor for over 50 years now, they should be effective.
Okay I thought my slightly drunken self would think up more but that’s all for now. In any case I’m looking forward to more Doctor Who when I get back.